Monday, January 5, 2015

Vintage High Chair Update

I inherited this amazing family heirloom.

It served three generations of meals to some of my family. I respect this chair but I didn't love it. So I did what I love to do and I painted it! I started by lightly sanding it.

I chose an off white that is stain resistant and a water base, incase the Missy decides to chew on it. I also chose white so that it will be easy to repaint it later if I want.

I started by cleaning and lightly sanding it. So it had a better surface to adhere to.

I decided to brush paid to instead of sand because I wanted that thick farmhouse style paint instead of spray. Three coats later and it looked fabulous and so fresh.

I then took black paint and highlighted the cut in accent lines to make them more noticeable. It also made it seem more retro.

I couldn't leave it alone so I made a high back cushion and seat that tie to the chair. And for sure I had to make ruffles on it.

The finished project is epic! Just rad enough for our little princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment