Sunday, January 4, 2015

New years and resolutions. I wanna be awesome!

A year of Awesome

As if there isn’t enough pressure with the holidays, we have to end the season with a whole new outlook on a new year. I don't know where this custom started but I'm not a big fan. I feel like I'm just coming up for air and then BOOM, New Year’s Eve happens. Initially we all start to worry. We need somewhere to go to drink and party. The older I get the less appealing this becomes. I hate the crazy herds of people and god only knows I can't handle a DUI. Then we all reminisce about the year that's over. I spent some time looking through photos to try to remember all that happened this past year. 2014 was one hell of a roller coaster! I got to witness one of my best friends marry the love of his life and one of my sisters married the man she adores. I made some amazing new friends and reconnected with some old ones. As for me, I created a person! If this translated into school credits, I did enough study to earn a bachelor's in baby making. With all the adventures of daily life in a beautiful city, I still found myself ready to shed 2014 for the new year. That's when I realized why we all get so excited for New Years Eve. Hope. Hope for change? We all see the New Year as a kind of blank slate, like when we move or change jobs, it's a new beginning. I still couldn't think of a resolution, a promise for myself for the New Year. I had some good ideas like; actually cook all the recipes I've pinned; get my baby body back in gear; meditate every day, etc. None of them encompassed the overall hope I have for this year. I want to breathe deeply all the joys of being with my daughter and sleep each day with a sense of peace and fulfillment. I want to blossom into the wife and mother I know I can be. I want to enjoy the city I live in and explore my surroundings more often. I want to maintain my relationship with social media and expand my presence. I want to make my crafting into a business that actually makes money. How do I wrap all that into one resolution? I guess I just wanna be awesome this year! Yup that's it. My resolution is to be awesome this year.

E.


No comments:

Post a Comment