Thursday, April 4, 2013

Updated Thrift Store Lamp Shade

Thrift store lampshade retake

So once again I forgot to take a before photo but it was just a boring beige shade. 
so before I did anything else I took it outside and spray painted the inside and outside   with a metallic spray. If the inside is doe with a reflective paint the light will be brighter.  I bought some octagonal crystals online to fix a brass lamp that was missing all the crystals. So of coarse I got extra for exactly this purpose. 


 Girl gotta have her sparkles!
I took some leftover black ribbon edging and hot glued it along the inside edge.


a little closer


I took some small silver wire and threaded it through the edging and the crystals. I didn't measure in between or the length of wire because I wanted it to look kinda shabby chic.

Once I had them all along the edge I added some rhinestones along the top edge to finish it off.


Turned it on and if I say so it turned about pretty rad.




No comments:

Post a Comment